Carneades is being developed at Fraunhofer FOKUS in Berlin.
Development of Carneades has been (or is being) funded in part by a
number of projects:
- Canadian Social Science and Humanities Research Council, 2007-2009
and 2012-2017, with Douglas Walton
(IST-2004-027655) – A European project to develop an open, standards-based platform for Legal Knowledge Systems.
- Google Summer of Code, 2008
- IMPACT (IST-2009-247228) Integrated Method for Policy Making Using Argument
- SPOCS – Building the next generation Points of Single Contact
- MARKOS (FP7-ICT-317743) – The Market for Open Source Software, 2012-2015.
- Policy Compass – Open Data-Driven
Analysis and Impact Evaluation
- EAGLE – Enhanced Government Learning